Did you know?
- Canada is world largest exporter of Potash and minerals in general are important Most are produced on the Prairies or Ontario and Port Nelson would be a good export point.
- What is potash? Potash is a potassium-rich salt that is mined from underground deposits formed from evaporated sea beds millions of years ago.
- Potassium is an essential element for all plants, animals and human life.
- The term potash refers to a group of potassium (k) bearing minerals and chemicals.
- The compound Potassium Chloride (KCI) is dominating force in the world potash market.
- Currently one of the routes for Potash is from Port Moody to Brazil.
- Saskatchewan is the largest producer in the world with approximately 30% of the total potash
production. Saskatchewan has almost half of the global potash reserves.
- Brazil is a major importer of potash and has doubled since 2004 to approximately 11 M tons.